In the last lecture we looked at problems involving the run time of different codes and how we can categorize them using the big-Oh notation. We also looked at how graphs can be useful at modelling a variety of problems that can be thought as entities connected by pairwise relationships. The lecture material was straightforward.
Looking back at this semester, learning and familiarizing myself with recursive implementation to solve otherwise troublesome problems was perhaps my biggest achievement, and also the task I had the most difficulty with. For me, the most challenging part of this course was designing minimax for assignment 2. I feel assignment 2 was when I had an ambiguous understanding of how recursion works, but hadn't developed a way to think recursively as I try to solve a problem. I read a few other students' SLOGs, and I found myself sharing a very similar experience with the author whose post is at http://dottoripy.blogspot.ca/2015/03/week-11-revisiting-previous-post.html. I'm still not quite able to use recursion with complete confidence, but I believe I will be able to gain insight to this method of solving problems as I progress as a programmer.
No comments:
Post a Comment